Farming Connect is an integrated Wales wide service for farming families. It is funded through the Rural Development Plan 2007-2013 which is financed by the European Agriculture Fund for Rural Development and the Welsh Assembly Government.
Farming Connect helps farmers and their families to run their business more efficiently and to safeguard the future of their farm. Its aim is to work with farm and forestry businesses to ensure that they reach their potential.
Farming Connect provides a farm business with a range of services tailored to a particular need. ADAS is able to provide a wide range of one to one support services for farmers on behalf of the programme.
How can ADAS help your business?
ADAS can provide one to one subsidised support for up to five days from specialist advisors under the Whole Farm Plan. Eligible farmers can claim back a substantial part of the costs- up to 80% for most farmers and young entrants. Click here to find your advisor.
In addition ADAS can offer a further three days of advice on diversification to encourage farmers to branch out into new ventures or explore new ideas.
The Farm Advisory Service is available under Farming Connect to help farmers with cross compliance issues. One to one advisory visits are available from ADAS experts on environmental issues again at subsidised rates.
What can ADAS offer?
ADAS can provide almost anything under Farming Connect if you are eligible for support. The most often requested areas of work currently are.
- Fertiliser and nutrient planning- how to save money by using the right fertilisers at the right time. This is based on soil and manure samples and is based around the farming system to maximise returns and save money.
- Unit costs of production. Should the farm have fewer/ more cattle/ sheep? What is the best mix to maximum farm potential? ADAS can identify what enterprises make money and how to maximise returns.
- What are my options for the future? Changes to agri- environmental schemes will affect a business. Also succession planning, diversification planning, expansion etc.
- Cash flows and business planning- the credit crunch is hitting the farming industry too!
- NVZ Compliance- what are the likely changes and how will your farm business respond?
- Building design and planning issues- diversification and farming projects can all be advised on.
- Environmental issues- cross compliance, agri-environment schemes and organic conversion can all be advised upon by ADAS under Farming Connect.
How can I access Farming Connect?
You will need to register with Welsh Assembly Government Farming Connect Service Centre Tel 08456 000 813. The service centre will check that you are eligible to access Farming Connect and advise you of all the services that are available to you.
ADAS can also help you register for Farming Connect if you contact us via email at Farmingconnect@adas.co.uk. or click here to link to our contact page.
You can also contact your local ADAS office:
Aberystwyth 01974 847000
Or your local advisor can help you and discuss your requirements
ADAS are lead contractors within the Farming Connect Knowledge Transfer programme managed by Menter a Busnes. The programme provides farmers with events, workshops and factsheets on topical and technical issues. If you would like any information of these please follow the link below: